Become a member
Membership of GMVSS is open to organisations that support local community groups, voluntary organisations, faith groups, charities, and social enterprises in Greater Manchester.
Benefits of being a GMVSS member
• Collective influence and representation
• Access to training, events and networking opportunities
• Collaborative working opportunities and access to GMVSS projects and resources
• Directing GMVSS work through steering groups
• Improved communications and engagement with other members
• Shared learning experiences and developing best practice
Expectations of members
• Willing and able to actively engage in the work of GMVSS
• The knowledge and skills to contribute successfully at a strategic level
• Specialist skills where relevant for representation on project steering groups
• A personal commitment to promote the role of GMVSS and to report key messages back to your networks, members and users
• Attendance of at least two out of the three yearly Strategy Meetings by a key representative from your organisation
• Your organisation must be a voluntary and community infrastructure organisation based in Greater Manchester and with local accountability
• You must have the capacity to inform and consult with your users quickly
• You must have an active commitment to broad-based equalities and human rights
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact Chris Heard on 0161 277 1030 or email: email@example.com or download an application form below.
Sign me up!
We are always looking to develop our partnership of support providers and welcome new GMVSS members to come on board. You could become a GMVSS member in three easy steps:
- Make sure you have had a look at the website to get an idea of what we are all about and how you might want to get involved.
- Read the revised Terms of Reference below
- Fill in a membership application form below and return it to Chris Heard, 0161 277 1030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your application has been received, it will need to be approved by the Executive team and we will confirm your membership within four weeks. Once you are a member we will ask you to send us:
- An up-to-date electronic version or your logo (Jpeg or alternative version)
- A full list of current staff with their telephone number, job role and email address and
- A copy of your latest Annual Report
|Attachment||(click to download)|
|GMVSS Membership application form April 2010.doc|
|GMVSS Terms of Reference|