Become a member
Membership of GMVSS is open to organisations which provide capacity building or support to local community groups, voluntary organisations, faith groups, charities, and social enterprises in Greater Manchester.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact Chris Heard on 0161 277 1030 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application form from www.gmvss.net/memberapplication
Attend a training session or event
We compile a list of upcoming events and training that is available to support groups from across Greater Manchester - from legal support training to consultation and networking events. The majority of events provided through our members or through national support agencies are FREE of charge.
What’s in it for you?
• Getting informed about current issues for the third sector
• Networking opportunities
• Learning and development opportunities
• Research, information and useful links into the sector
• Consultation and engagement – the opportunity to get involved and influence
Promote your training session or event
If you would like us to help promote your training or event, please contact email@example.com with:
- The name of your event or training
- Your organisation
- The date and times
- The location and any costs that are involved
- Contact details for how to book on
- A short blurb to explain what it is all about
- Any relevant leaflet or poster
Please ensure you email me at least two weeks ahead of your event or training in order to increase take up. We only promote events or training that are:
- Based in Greater Manchester
- Open to delegates across Greater Manchester
- Delivered by a non-profit making organisation
Already a member?
• Sign up to receive our GMVSS monthly bulletin
• Join a networking or steering group
• Attend one of our themed consortium meetings which focuses on a topical issue
• Find out what training opportunities you can attend
• Speak to your Chief Officer, Chief Executive or key representative
Contact Adrienne Hunter on 0161 277 1008 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining a networking or steering group, or if you do not already receive our monthly bulletin.
Introduced from April 2011 and meeting three times a year for Chief Officers or nomintated representatives of GMVSS members, this meeting is where GMVSS members come together to look at progress and project developments.
What's in it for you?
• An overall view of what infrastructure work is going on within Greater Manchester
• The opportunity to represent your organisation at this strategic level
• The opportunity to influence current GMVSS projects and input into future work
• Increased collaboration and partnership work
Dates are circulated to members via email and meetings are held at the St. Thomas Centre. Minutes are sent out within two weeks of every meeting and the agenda for the next meeting is sent out at least 5-10 days before each meeting.